Short-Term Course (GIAN) on "Cancer Health Disparity" by GGU Bilaspur :-
The current nature of biomedical research, especially cancer research and education, is heavily focused on the use of dedicated research facilities and working in teams and research collaborations. Although the primary purpose of the proposed course is to encourage the development of scientific research skills, stakeholders (undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral fellows, junior faculty, the public and members from industry) will be exposed to cancer education and research preparation at Guru Ghasidas University. This opportunity will enable interaction between stakeholders to enrich their cancer education.
The primary objectives of the course are as follows:
• to tap the pool of talented students, faculty, and oncologists
• to promote a Cancer Research and cancer health disparity issues
• to encourage graduate and undergraduate students across various scientific disciplines to pursue careers in the biosciences through Cancer research
• to attract industry partner to invest in cancer research to encourage oncologists to collaborate with basic scientists
• to promote cancer awareness and healthy lifestyles in the community
Course participants will learn about these topics through lectures and hands-on experiments. Also, case studies and assignments will be shared to stimulate research motivation of participants.
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
Participants from abroad : US$100.00
Industry/Research Organizations : Rs. 5000.00
Research Scholar : Rs. 3000.00 (with Fellowship)
Rs.1500.00 (without Fellowship) *
Faculty Members : Rs. 4000.00
Note: The above fee includes all instructional materials, working lunch Coffee/Tea on breaks, Computer use for Tutorials and Assignments, Free Internet Facility. The participants will be provided accommodation on nominal charges, shared basis that to on request, first come first serve basis. Participants must register on the GIAN portal http://www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in/GREGN/index by paying one-time registration
fee of Rs. 500, then select the programme after registration, later pay the above-listed registration fee at the VENUE (GGV Bilaspur (CG)).*Come along with HOD/Principal’ Letter.